Saturday, May 14, 2011

360 Uno - 3801 N Capital of Texas Highway, Austin, TX 78746

So my friend and I decided to try this place out for brunch during Austin Restaurant Week.  Got the Frittata Prosciutto e Formaggi, which is a fluffy omelette with loads of mozzarella cheese mixed in, with prosciutto, atop a pizza crust.  When I brought the first slice to my face, my eyes bugged out and I nearly retched from the smell.  Saying it was awful would be putting it lightly.  It was deadly, as in you'd rather die than smell this again.  To give you some idea, it smelled like old, used cat litter.  Pulling my bravery out of storage, I took a careful bite... and I was wowed.  The taste was delectable.  The omelette was so incredibly fluffy, and the amount of creamy cheese in there made me glad I didn't give cheese up for Lent.  The prosciutto was decent, but I tired of it quickly, so I scraped a lot of it off.


Brunch also came with dessert and one of three mimosa drinks.  I got one called a Puccini, which is prosecco and OJ.  I should have remembered I'm not a prosecco fan, but I didn't.  I'll admit, the name spoke to me more than the ingredients did.  I wasn't happy with the drink, but I suffered through it.


Dessert was profiteroles, and they were the epitome of yumminess.  Delicious cream inside a pastry, covered with ooey-gooey chocolate.  Num.  Hit me again, waitress!  My pancreas hated me for eating that, but I didn't care.  Shut up, pancreas.


I looked over their gelato offerings and was disappointed.  Only six flavors they offer, and they're pretty standard ones: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, orange, peanut butter, and coffee.  Thankfully, other places in town offer more gelato flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment