Thursday, February 24, 2011

BB Rover's Cafe & Pub - 12101 Jollyville Rd, Austin, TX 78759

Red Rover, Red Rover, let BB come over!

I've been to BB Rover's several times in the last few years because I live within walking distance of it.  I like that I can walk over there, have a few beers, and walk back home.  Nice and simple.

They have nearly 300 beers, but I will never try them all.  If you try at least 100 in a year, you can get into their special club.  I know a couple of people in it, but I honestly couldn't tell you what kinds of things you get for it.  I think your name gets put on some plaque, and they throw a party in your honor which we light drinkers are not allowed to attend.  I think you get some t-shirt, too, but I dunno.  This is the only bar in town I know of that carries Kona Pipeline beer (a coffee porter).

I'm not a huge fan of their food.  The pizza is actually quite good, but their burgers stink.  I'm one of the few people I know who dislikes BB's burgers.  However, I recently tried a club sammich here, and it was the bet club samnmich I've ever shoved in my mouth.  It has real chicken , rather than cold-cut chicken, and hot, crunchy bacon.  It doesn't automatically come with cheese, so don't forget to ask for it when you order.

I've had a couple of happy hour meetups there.  Reserved the back room and everything.  The waitresses are always really nice and helpful.  They even allowed us to split the tab for each person.  Apparently they won't let you do that on the patio.  Weird, but that's what one of the waitresses told me.

Word to the wise:  Don't go to their website.  Last time I went, back in September, it had a virus on it.

And oh, it's actually hard for me to rationalize drinking there because, ultimately, I will have to get up to use the restroom.  As others have stated, the stalls in the ladies' room lack locks.  Say what?

Verdict:   To eat (and drink)

No comments:

Post a Comment