Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mister Tramps - 8565 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78758

My reviews are typically on the lengthy side, but I assure you this one will not be.  I've been to Mister Tramp's four or five times and have been unimpressed each and every time.

Part of my trivia team and I used to go to Tramp's for Wednesday night Geeks Who Drink-sponsored trivia.  We play GWD trivia every Saturday night at Opal Divine's Marina, so when they started doing Mister Tramp's, we decided to clean up at a new place.  Yeah, we typically win.  Our team name is Freaks Who Drink, but I digress.

The service at this place is lackluster at best.  The very first time we went there we got great service, but as word of mouth about trivia night spread and Tramp's got more crowded on Wednesday nights, it was hard to get noticed at all by the waitstaff.  I would typically head in around 7:30 to grab a table and wait on my mates to show up for 8pm trivia start time, but I wouldn't be greeted or asked for a drink selection for at least fifteen minutes.  And if we weren't ready to order food when the server brought our drinks out, we would easily wait another fifteen minutes before the server would return to our table.  I should have taken that as a sign to not order any food at Mister Tramp's.

The first time we went I ordered a BLT.  For some stupid reason, the BLT contains onions.  Why the hell does this BLT contain onions?  It's not a BLOT, it's a BLT!  I specifically asked the waitress for no onions on my BLT, but guess what?  Yep, onions galore.  Sorry, but that was just a bad sammich.  Whoever thought to add onions to a BLT should be fired.  Even once I picked out most of the onions, the sandwich still stunk.

I will say that their pizza is quite good.  I got it on two or three occasions, and it did not disappoint.  Take my advice and only order pizza if you go.

My teammates who got pizza liked it, as well, but they didn't like any other food they ordered.

The bartenders seem to constantly disagree about what size beer glass a customer should get, as I have gotten two different sizes on various visits.  Sometimes I'd get the HUGE glass of Blue Moon for $4-something, and sometimes it would be a regular sized pint glass... for the same price.  Say what?

Oh wow, this review is longer than I thought I could manage.  If I could make a living at bitching, I'd be a millionaire by now. 

Verdict:  Maybe eat

No comments:

Post a Comment