Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chick-Fil-A - 10901 Research Blvd, Austin, TX 78759

Been going to this Chick-Fil-A more often than is good for me in the last seven years.

The cashiers and drive-thru order takers are always nice... "My pleasure!"  I have never once been made to feel hurried or like I was putting someone out because they had to wait on me.

The crowds at this particular Chick-Fil-A are strangely timed.  There have been times I've gone there at noon on a weekday and the drive-thru and inside areas will be understandably crowded.  Other weekdays at noon it'll be a ghost town.  One weekday last month I went to the drive-thru just after 2pm, and the line was longer than I'd ever seen it.  2pm!  On one hand that's good because you know you've hit upon a great restaurant if it's crowded, but on the other hand it was 2pm!  I went at 2pm on purpose to AVOID the crowd.  Oh well.

The food is always fabulous.  I have never gotten a bad chicken sammich, salad, waffle fries, etc.  Chick-Fil-A is one of the few restaurants whose french fries I actually enjoy eating.  And those Chick-n-Minis they have at breakfast... SUPER YUM!  I have never understood how pickle slices are appetizing on these chicken sammiches, though.  They make the bun and chicken breading soggy.  

And they're always giving out coupons and free stuff!  I used a coupon two nights ago that I'd gotten in the mail for a free sammich.  Didn't have to buy anything to get the sammich, either (but I bought fries and a drink anyway).  When I worked at Duval and MoPac, the Chick-Fil-A at Parmer and MoPac would occasionally come to my office and give us free chicken sammiches and fries.  I'm pretty sure our management paid for it, but it was still cool.  They always had someone dressed up in the cow costume, and they would give us COUPONS... the magic word... in addition to our free sammiches and fries.

One of my managers from that job got Chick-Fil-A almost every day for lunch.  No joke.  On his 40th birthday, everyone on my team got together and bought him a Chick-Fil-A gift card (and decorated his cubicle with crime scene tape and old fart balloons).  The whole thing was my idea, of course.

Verdict:  To eat

No comments:

Post a Comment