Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little Red Wagon Burgers - 1207 E Palm Valley Blvd, Round Rock, TX 78664

I was bumming around Round Rock a year-and-a-half ago, and was on my way home with hunger pangs when I caught sight of Little Red Wagon.  It looked like a hole in the wall, and a burger sounded mighty good, so I pulled into the parking lot.

When I walked in I saw signs all over the cash registers that read, "Cash only!"  I was afraid that might happen.  I walked out and looked around for a bank but didn't see one.  Luckily, though, I found $7 in my billfold, so I figured as long as I didn't go overboard I could have a great meal.  When I went back to the counter I noticed a credit card machine near the wall.  I asked the counter girl about it.  Apparently, they normally accept credit cards, but the machine wasn't working that day.  No problem.  I ordered the double-meat double-cheese burger with onion rings.  The drawback?  Little Red Wagon carries Pepsi products.  Diet Pepsi is much better than Diet Coke, granted, but I was hoping for a Diet Dr Pepper or Coke Zero.  Being a type 1 diabetic, regular cola has waaaaay too many carbs for my poor pancreas to handle.

The food was brought out to me.  The onion rings were pretty good, but almost cold.  They were still a helluva lot better than, say, Sonic's onion rings.  Sonic's onion rings are too sweet, but I digress.  The burger was fantastic!  I immediately texted my mother and told her I want to take her and Dad to Little Red Wagon sometime soon.  I also must say that the Halloween desecrations (decorations) were fab, too.

The only thing of which I was afraid when I walked into Little Red Wagon is now happening:  Little Red Wagon and Fran's Hamburgers are now duking it out on my taste buds for the coveted title of Catherine's Favorite Austin Hamburger.  But I suppose Fran's could be my Austin hamburger, and Little Red Wagon could be my Round Rock hamburger. 

Verdict:  To eat

No comments:

Post a Comment