Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fran's Hamburgers - 6214 Cameron Rd, Austin, TX 78723

Upon first moving to Austin I learned that Fran and Dan (of Dan's Hamburgers) were once married.  They since divorced and have each tried to corner the Austin burger market.  Fran's, in my humble opinion, wins hands down.  I am not saying this out of any semblance of feminism, but Dan's burgers just aren't that great.  I wonder if Dan was equally as terrible in the bedroom, and that's why the marriage ended.  Or, perhaps, Fran pleased too many other men with her meat and buns.  No matter.

I admit I have only ever tried the regular cheeseburger, but it's good enough that I stick to it when I go.  And while we're at it, I'd like to point out that I eat at Fran's once per month despite the fact that I live way up at Spicewood Springs and 183.  There's a location on S Congress, and one in central Austin, but NW Austin is ignored, as usual.

I am not a big french fry person, but Fran's fries aren't bad, folks.  Going back to her cheeseburgers, though, the cheese is always melted just right, and the meat has a phenomenal flavor, and the buns are toasted JUST RIGHT.

The only bad thing I can say about Fran's is that they only accept cash.  At least, that was true at the time of publishing.  I would definitely go to Fran's more often if they accepted credit cards.  (Hint, hint!) 

Verdict:  To eat

No comments:

Post a Comment