Thursday, February 24, 2011

House Wine - 408 Josephine St, Austin, TX 78704

I've been to House Wine several times, despite the fact that they're a far shot for me (I live in NW Austin).  I really don't remember why I came here in the first place, but I'm glad I did.

They introduced me to my new favorite wine, the Quady Electra Orange Muscat.  It's an inexpensive dessert wine ($6/glass) and it tastes more wonderful than words can express.  I regularly now head to Spec's to buy bottles of this wine.

Okay, okay... I'm getting sidetracked.

I love House's half-price Sundays where a glass of wine from a bottle they opened the day before is half price.  Last time I was there on a Sunday, I finished off the bottle of orange muscat they had, and they then turned me on to Quady's other muscat... the black muscat.

I haven't tried any cheese plates or other finger foods at House Wine because I think they're a bit overpriced.

The decor in House Wine is FAB.  If I had money, I would want the name of their decorator.

Okay, so my advice to you is to try House Wine on a Sunday first when you can get half price glasses.  Then you'll be hooked. 

Verdict:  To drink

No comments:

Post a Comment