Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sandy's Hamburgers - 603 Barton Springs Rd, Austin, TX 78704

I live in NW Austin and there's a Short Stop within walking distance of my house.  So I would sooner save the gas and go there for a burger rather than driving all the way south to Sandy's.  The only good thing about Sandy's is that they have custard.  But, hell, I can go to Culver's on Braker and get custard (various flavors, too).  So once again, I'd rather save gas money and go to the closer location.

It wasn't so much the obvious Thursday/Saturday specials sign that screamed SHORT STOP at this place, but the food tastes exactly the same.  May I assume they are owned by the same people?

I didn't pay the one time I went to Sandy's (had a boyfriend back then who paid for everything), but I understand that Sandy's only accepts cash.  At least the Short Stop near my house recently began accepting credit cards.

Don't get me wrong, I love Short Stop's burg--  er, Sandy's burgers, but I just can't justify the drive down there and the need to carry cash. 

Verdict:  Not to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment