Wednesday, February 23, 2011

China Star - 6134 E Highway 290, Austin, TX 78723

I don't remember exactly when I ate here, probably a couple of years ago.  I see ads on TV all the time for this place, and let me tell you, the ads make the buffet look much better than it is.

Upon first entering, I noticed that there was not one single Asian person eating there.  That made me suspicious.  Secondly, there's a wet-dog smell that inhabits this place.  It's very noticeable.  I don't know if it still smells that way; I hope, for their sake, that they fixed the problem.

Now, I can eat the hell out of a typical Chinese buffet, but I just didn't see much that looked good at China Star.  I loaded a few decent looking things on my plate and sat down.  Kids were running around making noise and trouble.  I know that's not the restaurant's fault, but it gives you an idea of the class of people who eat there on a regular basis.

Halfway through my meal I started feeling nauseated.  My boyfriend-at-the-time felt fine, but I just couldn't eat anymore.  I managed to wait until we got to the parking lot to throw up, though I desired to puke all over their buffet instead.  It would have tasted better, I guarantee you.  Even the cake they had out for dessert was mediocre, at best.  Not much later, my boyfriend got gassy and remained that way for much of the day.  Big hooray.  Thanks, China Star.

Verdict:  NOT TO EAT

No comments:

Post a Comment