Thursday, February 24, 2011

In-N-Out Burger - 333 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133

I really don't get why nearly everyone on God's green earth puts In-N-Out on such a pedestal.  The burgers AREN'T. VERY. GOOD.  McDonald's is so much tastier, and it irks me to say that.

The place has character, though.  I'll give it two stars for that because I'm feeling generous today.

I went to San Francisco on vacation with my boyfriend-at-the-time in 2006, and we decided to see what all the hoopla was about with regard to In-N-Out.  Neither of us thought the burgers tasted very good.  And of course we didn't know how to order in the top secret lingo, so we got a lot of nasty looks from yuppity Californians.

My burger was just plain bland.  Bland, bland, BLAND tasting meat.  It tasted like it wanted to be a Wendy's cheeseburger, but it flunked Taste 101 at University of California Burgley.  And what's with all the lettuce?  Was there a special code word I could have shouted to keep my burger from becoming a salad with a bun?

The place was super crowded despite their subpar food, so we had to sit outside on the pavement to eat.  That was the best part of the meal because it got us away from the LITERALLY unwashed masses inside the restaurant.  Granola and incense are wonderful, but patchouli and b.o. stink, guys.

I have to assume Californians are so smog-stricken that their taste buds have been rendered useless.  Or, In-N-Out is constantly filled with stupidly curious tourists like me. 

Verdict:  Not to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment