Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chedd's Gourmet Grilled Cheese - 4601 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78751

I ate here a couple of years ago when I worked for the state at 49th and Lamar.  Didn't even know it was in The Triangle until a friend told me her guy took her there for lunch.  I love grilled cheese sammiches, and it made me happy to know that a place existed for that very type of sandwich.

During my lunch hour one day I walked to Chedd's to try it out.  So not worth the effort.  I got cheddar on sourdough bread.  Simple, right?  The bread was close to being burned, and it thus ruined the sandwich.  Even the cheddar they used wasn't very good.  For crying out loud, I make much better grilled cheese sammiches myself at home, so I'll just do that henceforth.  I thought, perhaps if I had gotten a more complicated sandwich it would taste better, but  then my logical self spoke up and said, "Catherine, if they can't even get a simple grilled cheese sammich right, what makes you think they could get anything more difficult to taste good?"

Verdict:  Not to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment