Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jimmy John's - various locations

Y'know the Jimmy John's ad with the little sunshine guy endlessly falling and screaming... endlessly... until he finally lands in the sandwich?  (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8T9hNKXiS0)  When I saw that ad a few years ago it immediately annoyed the hell out of me, and I swore I would never patronize Jimmy John's as a result.  You just can't expect to get my business if you vex the cream cheese out of me.  For some reason, though, I ended up trying the damn place.  And I LOVED it.

I had suffered such heartache since Blimpie's left Austin that I thought I would never find another sammich that even came mildly close to the taste wonderland that was Blimpie's.  Until I wandered into Jimmy John's, that is.

Yes, they make the sammiches "freaky fast".  I was pleasantly surprised, but I figured my sammich would be wrong, as in missing an ingredient or something.  Nope!  It was perfect, and it tasted even more so.  Now, it ain't as good as Blimpie's, but it is damn good.  I got so much flavor in every bite I had a freakish sammy orgasm right there at the table... in front of my boyfriend-at-the-time who was touching his sammich instead of me.  You can understand his resulting confusion.  And you might sympathize with him when I tell you that Jimmy John gave me a more powerful orgasm than that boyfriend ever could.  Ahem, anyway...

Yeah, I've gotten quite a few Jimmy John's fixes, and I won't stop anytime soon.  I'm hooked.  I do still wish Blimpie's would come back to me, but I'm not about to break up with Jimmy John.

No comments:

Post a Comment