Tuesday, March 15, 2011

620 Cafe and Bakery - 910 Round Rock Ave, Round Rock, TX 78681

Went here with a couple of other workforce rejects (lay-offs) like myself.

Service was great.  I didn't pay attention to our server's name, but she was very sweet and was on top of everything.  I did not want for anything. 

Food was great, but not fabulous.  It was about what I expected.  I had trouble deciding the night before what I would order, but I finally decided on the Big Ole Big (biscuits & cream gravy, three eggs over easy, two slices of bacon, ham, Texas link, and grits).  It was served on two huge plates that were met by a Danny Thomas spit-take by everyone at the table.  Everyone at the table was making bets as to whether or not I could clean my plates.  I didn't.

The eggs were actually a bit tough to cut, amazingly, but I didn't let that stop me from eating them.  (No egg shall remain uneaten in my kingdom!)  The huge-ass sausage link was good and greasy, but I chose to only have a couple of bites.  The bacon was pretty good, and the grits were decent.  I think the biscuits and gravy were the best things in my trough... er, plates.

The girl sitting across from me got some sort of salad, and she could have swam in the bowl; it was THAT huge.  Towards the end of the meal, girl-across-the-table (GAT) got a to-go box and used ninja moves to fill it up, as none of us witnessed her doing it.  We then saw her finishing off what was left in the bowl, and her neighbor said, "You ate that whole damn thing?!  It's always weird how the skinny people typically eat the most food!"  That's when GAT came clean and showed us her to-go box that was busting at the seams.

All the praises being sung, I'm a bit pissed.  Why am I pissed?  Because the prices on their website do not accurately reflect the prices on their hardcopy menu.  The Big Ole Big is priced at $9.49 online, but it actually costs $10.49.  It's not like I can't handle the extra buck, but I don't appreciate being given false information.  So if anyone from 620 Cafe is reading this, please get the lead out and update your website.

Parking here is a dream, but getting out of the lot is a nightmare.  When I left, there were five people ahead of me trying to get onto 620, and they were all turning left, which is why there was an ever-increasing line of cars.  I was the only poor sap turning right onto 620.  Ten minutes later, I finally exited the parking lot.  Beware.

Weirdo time-travel moment:  On my way out, I noticed a Christmas tree by the host stand.  Boy oh boy, this year sure did jet by quickly!  WTF?!

No comments:

Post a Comment