Tuesday, March 15, 2011

County Line Bbq - 6500 Bee Cave Rd, Austin, TX 78746

My group sat on the patio overlooking the great view.  Too bad the weatherman lied when he said the weather would be gorgeous.  Nonetheless, the patio had a nice atmosphere.

I'd eaten at the Lake location, but never this one, so I was excited to try it.  I was also excited to order the pulled pork sammich.  Every time I've had it at the Lake location, it leaves me wanting more.

Well, I was disappointed to learn that you can't order from the full menu if you sit on the patio, which meant I couldn't get the pulled pork sammich.  I really don't understand this rule and why it's in place, but because of this rule I can't give County Line a full recommendation.  I ordered the brisket sliders off of the tiny appetizer menu (the rest of the patio menu was drinks and desserts).  As soon as I'd finished my sliders, the manager told us that he would allow us to order from the full menu since we had such a large group.  Well, gee, that's nice of ya, but I wish you guys had decided this when we first got there.  I mean, I've already finished my meal, and it's not like you guys didn't know we were coming, as our group's organizer called to let you know of our arrival ahead of time.

As for the sliders, they were good but dry.  I really had to slop on the bbq sauce.  And I'm wondering if County Line has started making/using a different bread for the bread baskets, as I remember the bread being better than what we got last time.

Service was fine aside from the menu snafu, but I can't help being slightly disappointed in the food.  Not terribly disappointed, mind you, as the meat was tasty, but dry barbecue is as unwelcome to my palate as Bob Saget is to prime-time TV.

Well, whatever.  I'll give the Lake location another shot and leave this one alone since the Lake location is closer to my house anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment