Thursday, March 17, 2011

Your Mom's Burger Bar - 1701 E Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78702

Your Momma's so phat that most Austinites put their mouths between her buns without a second thought.

I hate to disagree with the 44,219 people who give Your Mom a high rating, but there was no orgasmatron involved in my lunch today.

I understand that the cheese-inside-the-meat concept is novel, but frankly, it's not good.  Not the way Mom's does it, anyway.  I continually couldn't decide if I wanted to try the cheese outside the patty or not.  Eventually, I decided I wanted to try it with the cheese atop the patty.  Having it inside the patty made it taste retired; past its prime, and a little off.  But who knows, it may have tasted bad had it been atop the patty.  Am I a patty-pooper?  Possibly.  Does Your Mom's stink at making cheese-in-patty delicacies?  More than likely so.  But the patty was cooked too well-done for my taste.  I didn't even get a chance to specify the cooking temp.  I don't like crusty ash on my meat.

Despite the fact that I was a virgin of Your Mom's, I opted not to try the french fries.  I decided on this because I am not much of a french-fry fan, so you should generally take my french-fry reviews with a grain of salt.  Heh, heh-heh, heh... salt.

Service was great, though.  The employees kept offering me french fries and asking how everything was.

If I happen to be east of I-35 on Cesar Chavez during the week during a normal hour, I will more than likely patronize a Messycan restaurant rather than a half-assed burger joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment