Saturday, March 12, 2011

Austin Cake Ball - 7950 Anderson Sq, Austin, TX 78757

They really have balls.  Cake balls, that is.

I ordered a batch of these by using a Groupon.  Three kinds of balls I got:  Chocolate, Chocolate Espresso, and Cherry Almond.

So I drove over there to pick them up.  It was on my way to another errand, so why bother paying for delivery?  Austin Cake Ball sure is hard to find.  I drove down the little street behind the Hobby Lobby and pulled into where Cake Ball was actually located, but I didn't see any signs anywhere because I had a case of the stupids.  So I drove on over to Cap City Comedy Club, to no avail.  Then I drove down the road going the other direction, and that's when I saw the little sign that said, "--> --> CAKE BALL".  I followed the signs until I found a parking spot.  Cake Ball is in the corner of the shopping center, suite 104.

I chit-chatted with the ultra-hot counter guy (UHCG) for a short while about how their balls compare to Holy Cacao's.  My inner juvenile couldn't stop silently laughing about the sexual connotation of the word "balls" and how I was comparing one guy's balls to another guy's balls.  I've never been to Holy Cacao, and since Cake Ball charges about the same price, I have no reason to go to Holy Cacao.  UHCG pointed out cake balls in the display case that looked like basketballs, and others that had the New Orleans Saints' logo.  I said, "I'll come back in the fall and get some Dallas Cowboys balls."  Heh.  Saying that to UHCG, I almost felt like I was at a sperm bank.  Other than the footballs, I don't really see myself ordering any cake balls in the future, unless I'm getting them as a gift for someone else.

The Chocolate Espresso cake balls are good, but a little dry.  I think they need some espresso icing in between layers of the cake.  The Cherry Almond balls are my favorite so far.  They have some icing in there, with pieces of fresh cherry and, of course, almonds involved.  I haven't tried the straight Chocolate [salty] balls yet, so I can't comment on those.  And hopefully they won't be salty.

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment