Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crawfish Shack and Oyster Bar - 2013 Wells Branch Pkwy, Austin, TX 78728

I was running errands yesterday,
And Crawfish Shack was on my way.

"I've eaten there before and liked it," I pondered,
"I bet if I eat there again, my money won't be squandered."

Walking in, I saw several kids... I mean, squealing banshees.
I thought this was Crawfish Shack, not Chuck E. Cheese!

The buggers were screeching at high decibel levels.
The old maid in me cursed, "Go to hell, you undisciplined devils!"

I sat down and ordered shrimp po' boy and iced tea.
Better get shrimp while I still can.  Thanks, BP!

Anticipating my meal, I drooled like a Pavlovian dog.
Table next to me had good-looking crawfish and corn logs.

Got my po' boy and took a great big ol' bite.
An orgasm inside my stomach the sammich did ignite.

"Heaven... I'm in Heaven," I almost sang aloud.
Just like before, the po' boy had me wowed.

As I eyeballed surfing crab dolls and fake netting,
I asked for my check, but the waitress kept forgetting.

Banshees still screeching and running all around
Really made me wish I couldn't hear a sound.

Would I go back to Crawfish Shack for another po' boy crawl?
Yes, but I'll wait 'til the banshees are in school this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment