Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catfish Parlour - 11910 Research Blvd Austin, TX 78759

I used to eat at Catfish Parlour fairly often for lunch because I worked at Duval and MoPac.  'Twas easy to get over there and back to work in time.

The lunch menu is great.  You immediately go toward the kitchen and grab a plate and silverware.  Get yourself a couple of sides, and then tell the cook what you want.  I would always get the popcorn shrimp, container size contingent upon how hungry I was.  After you get your food of choice, grab some hush puppy sticks (weird) and some cole slaw and/or tartar sauce.  FYI, they also have jalepeno tartar sauce.  Then you find a table, and a waitress comes over to get your drink order.  Etc., etc.

The popcorn shrimp is always wonderfully tasty.  It never once fell flat, so I don't think Catfish Parlour ever has off days.  The tea is great, and the waitresses are almost always stellar.  Their tartar sauce is fab, too.

Also, their catfish is fresher than anywhere else I've eaten in Austin or Dallas.

The only thing I don't like is their dinner/weekend menu.  I've never eaten there for dinner or on a weekend, so I can't speak for the taste of anything (I imagine it would be the same as weekday lunch).  If you check out their menu online, the stuff they serve on the weekends is pretty expensive.  Four jumbo fried shrimp for $12 (same meal is $13 at the south location)?!  Isn't that a bit pricey?  I'm wondering if Catfish Parlour becomes a full-service restaurant on nights and weekends, meaning you read a menu at your table and your waitress takes your order, unlike what they do for weekday lunch.  I would hope it is full service for THAT price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment