Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Onion Pizza - 408 Brazos St, Austin, TX 78701

I don't get how this place is thought to be good.  I also can't believe that I forgot to write this review until two weeks after I actually ate there.

The Onion is about a block away from my office, so I figured, "Yay!  There's a nearby pizza place!  Oh, but that would end up being a bad thing if I like the place."  Well, no chance of that happening.

What reminded me to write this review was my good experience at Cozzoli's Pizza at Congress & 7th.

Aside from whole pizzas, calzones and pizza rolls, you can buy individual slices of pepperoni or cheese.  They say on their website that slice "selection varies", but it doesn't.  So if you're a pepperoni loather like me, you're stuck with cheese unless you're hungry enough for a 10-inch pizza.  They, for some reason, refused to add toppings to my slice.  I think this is because they were too daft or stoned to figure out how much extra to charge.

I guess most people who eat downtown lack taste.  This pizza stinks.  The slices are big, but there's barely any cheese on them.  The crust is mediocre tasting and too soft.  At one point I took a bite and almost all of the cheese came with it.  So wrong.

And how many seats did I count in there?  Four?  That's fine if you're taking the pizza to go, but if you feel like getting completely away from the office for lunch, that stinks.

At least The Onion didn't make me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment