Thursday, March 17, 2011

San Francisco Bakery & Cafe - 2900 W Anderson Ln, Austin, TX 78757

Something I found out: Roast beef and sprouts generally do not go well together.  Something else I found out: Lisa M's Dallas Nightclub masher isn't quite as socially awkward when he's sober.  At least he wasn't dancing.

Some folks and I went here for lunch.  The place was decently crowded, and the staff was nice.  I ordered the roast beef sammich without carrots on a croissant, with iced tea and a cream cheese-chocolate chip danish.  I ordered everything to go because I knew I'd be eating at Your Mom's later, and I didn't want the two places fighting for room in my belly, so I figured I'd save half my sammich for today.

The sammich was pretty good, but I don't think alfalfa sprouts belong on a roast beef sammy.  I had trouble not eating the whole dang sammich right there, though.

Everyone else seemed to enjoy their food.  I could definitely see myself going back to this place, especially for the desserts.  I only had a bite or two of the cream cheese-chocolate chip paradise yesterday, but I am now going to go downstairs and stuff the rest of it in my mouth.  Thank God I have a treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment