Thursday, March 3, 2011

Austin Java - 1206 Parkway Austin, TX 78703

I've been here several times.  Here's the nitty-gritty:

THE GOODIES:

-- They have tasty coffee and tea products.
-- The employees are always very nice and helpful.
-- Great place to hang and read, or surf the net on your laptop, or write your next novel.
-- Double outdoor seating, meaning outdoor seating in the front and in the back.
-- They have a kitty cat that hangs around outside the location that they feed and water.  They must feed it a lot, 'cause that cat is FAT.
-- They have beer and wine, which I actually didn't know about until just now.  Not that I wanted any today, as hungover as I was.  Hair of the dog, my foot!

THE BADDIES:

-- Parking stinks, usually.
-- The food is awful, in my opinion.  I was dying of hunger when I met my friends here today, but I decided to wait and eat elsewhere later.  They do have cakes by the register that look very good.  They're not made on site, so they probably taste great.
-- They're slow to buss tables.  I stood and waited by a dirty table for about ten minutes before I caught the attention of the register girl as she was passing by.  She cleaned the table with a wonderful and friendly attitude, though.
-- Your car WILL get shit on if you park under the trees on the south side of the restaurant.  I have never seen so much bird shit as I saw on my car today when I left Java.  Glad Austin finally relaxed the water restrictions; my car desperately needs a wash.
-- Ashton Kutcher hangs out here.  No, I'm kidding.  So that actually belongs on the GOODIES list.

I'll probably go back the next time my friend wants a cup of joe and conversation.  I think she's getting really tired of the parking situation, though, so we might actually go elsewhere.  That remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment