Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Burger Central - 1005 S Hwy 183, Leander, TX 78641

Off the beaten path in Leander, next to a feed store, is Burger Central.  Come in and get your fill of cow that may have fed on the hay sold next door.  And while you're there, stuff some ice cream into your pie hole.  Oops, they no longer sell ice cream at Burger Central.

The lovely Ellen J. and I met here for lunch.  We're the Workforce Rejects, so why not go out for a leisurely lunch?  We walked in and sat down in the front room, and were waited on by a friendly high-schooler.  Ellen and I each ordered the Caboose (your typical cheeseburger), and we discussed job-hunting strategies and horror stories as we waited for our food.

Ellen remarked later that her burger tasted good at first, but the longer she ate it, the less she liked it.  I have to agree.  As we sat there eating, discussing and dissecting, the lady sitting at a nearby table interjected with, "I agree with you two; the burgers aren't very good.  They're too mushy."  That's it!  That's the perfect way to describe it.  Despite being cooked medium-well (which should have been medium, actually), the burgers were, in fact, too mushy.  Like Ellen said, the bun was very good, but it wasn't good enough to hide the mushy excuse for meat that the patty was.  The fries were good, though.

I can't see making a return trip unless I'm feeling mushy.  Maybe I'll come here the next time I fall in love with a guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment