Thursday, March 3, 2011

Screaming Goat - 900 W 10th St, Austin, TX 78703

We've all seen restaurants whose questionable names make us think twice about eating there.  Cabbages & Condoms (Thailand), Dirty Dick's Crab House (VA, NC, FL), Jack in the Box...  Well, Screaming Goat was on my *questionable* list since I moved here, but I was actually convinced to come for brunch in July by a friend who hosted a meetup there.

That July meetup was perfect.  Yes, it was as hot as Satan's titty in there, especially because the a/c was on the fritz.  As such, the owner gave our group FREE BEER!  Yes, three or four buckets of FREE BEER!  It was 10am, but I didn't let that stop me from having four FREE BEERS.  And oh, the breakfast tacos were good, too.

Saturday morning was my second trip to Screaming Goat.  No chance of free beer that day, but I am happy to say they have Coke Zero on tap.  I got two breakfast tacos with eggs and cheese.  Simple?  Yes.  Delicious?  Definitely.  Folks, Screaming Goat has the best breakfast tacos in Austin.  Okay, true, I haven't tried every single breakfast taco in Austin, but I'm still prepared to say that Screaming Goat has the best.  The employees are all really cool, despite the fact that they're hipsters.

And the price is right, too.  I filled up for less than $5.

I woke up Sunday morning noshing on my pillow, having dreamt about those tasty taco treats.  I suggest you try them if you haven't yet. But beware:  If you have an addictive personality, bring someone you trust who can get you back to your car before you split your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment