Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mike's Pub - 108 E 7th St, Austin, TX 78701

The following is my experience at Mike's Pub.
Mike's is nothing more than a culinary flub,
Meaning he serves up the worst tasting grub.
He is quite adept, however, at giving a great snub.
Mike's will hopefully go down the drain of the tub.

I amazingly caught these guys when they were open for business.  1:45pm on a Wednesday.  I ordered a cheeseburger and a drink, and I asked about their highly confusing hours.  So I found out the straight dope about Happy Hour:  The website says, "HAPPY HOUR DAILY 3pm-6pm!!!"  Being that they close at 3pm on Mondays, 5pm on Tuesdays, and are not open at all on the weekends, you can see why I was confused.  Apparently in Mike's bizarre world, *daily* means Wednesday through Friday.  Daily.  Yeah.  Makes perfect sense, guys.

I was disappointed in the burger when it was first delivered to me.  It was nothing but meat and cheese on a bun.  No lettuce, tomatoes, nor mayo.  Just cheese and meat.  What's this?  Oh, look right behind me... there's a self-serve condiment counter!  Okay, no problem.  So I loaded up my burger with lettuce (shredded, awesome), and rancid Kraft mayo (Hellman's beats all).  These toppings improved the taste of the burger only slightly, so I was still disappointed.  The large circumference of the burger was its only redeeming factor.

Oh, and Mike's apparently sells crappy-ass t-shirts and baseball caps with their logo on them [see pic].  $15 for one of the shirts, $20 for some other shirt.  Or, you could spend $25 on a Mike's Pub baseball cap!  No idea why a baseball cap costs more than a freaking t-shirt.  I hope ol' Mike isn't expecting to make money with his clothing advertising.  Having eaten there once, I wouldn't want to advertise that stupid mistake via t-shirt to everyone else in Austin.

Mike's Pub?  Puhleeeeeaaase... Mike's Flub, more like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment