Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fuddrucker's - 11023 Pecan Park Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613

I don't know if it's just this location, or if my memory is fuzzy, but I remember Fuddruckers burgers being better than the one I had most recently.  I remember not being all that impressed with Fuddruckers as a kid in Dallas, but I remember eating at the Anderson Ln location a few short years ago and loving it... and going back a few times.  Perhaps the Anderson Ln location is the A-student of the Fuddruckers class.

I can't put my finger on what was wrong with the burger.  I got a 1/2-lb bacon cheddar burger.  The burger was cooked medium-well, as opposed to the medium I'd requested.  So that's something.  I think the beef just lacked flavor and seemed to have a few of those chewy fatty pieces in there.  I hate that.  There was pepper on the beef, but I couldn't taste it.  That's good, but I wonder just how uninspired a meat patty has to be for me to be unable to taste pepper.  The bun tasted good, but not as good as I remember.  It was almost too much, as in too big and fluffy and also took attention away from the beef's flavor.  Dallas has a similar restaurant called Purdy's that makes their own doughy sweet-tasting buns, as well.  Their buns are so huge that you can hardly taste anything else when you take a bite of the burger.  Fuddruckers' buns are almost that huge, and they almost offer the same problem as Purdy's buns.

The french fry wedges weren't too bad.  Potato wedges are good, but these had way too much pepper on them.  See?  I had no trouble tasting the pepper on these things.

And the food here is overpriced.  I paid $11.50 including tax for a 1/2-lb burger, fries and a drink.  I think that's too much.  I was expecting to pay more like $8.50 for all of that.

Coming West from 183 and turning right onto Pecan Park Blvd, there was not a turn-in for Fuddruckers.  I turned into the mall and couldn't find a way to get into Fuddruckers from there.  Had to double back.  How annoying, and what a waste of gas!

I dug the '80s music they were playing, and they had Diet Dr Pepper on tap.  Had Fuddruckers had some old Atari video games in house, I would have been in Heaven, save for the food.

But now the Pappas Brothers own Fuddrucker's, which means the name has aptly changed to Ruddfucker's.  You know the Pappas Brothers... the same idiots who ruined the Luby's chain?  Yeah, them.  Where burgers at Fuddrucker's used to be made of meat, they are made of cardboard at Ruddfucker's to save money.  Lots of fiber, maybe, but no taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment