Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Midori Sushi - 13435 N Highway 183, Austin, TX 78750

I remember this place having better sushi a few years ago. 

I ordered the Rock and Roll (cucumber, tempura shrimp, masago... I opted for no avocado) first, as one roll anywhere usually fills me up.  For $8.95 I got only five pieces, and they tasted almost completely like cucumber.  I was hoping the shrimp would be the most pronounced part of the roll.  I ate it all, but I was hoping to get more roll for my money.  I figured at lunch, I'd get more for $8.95, but I was sorely mistaken.   The tempura shrimp was good... when I was able to taste it.

Since the roll failed to fill me up, I ordered the tempura appetizer (shrimp, squash, carrots, and onions).  The veggies were very good, but I noticed the shrimp (much longer pieces than what was in the roll) had not been deveined, which was a big turn off.

Service was great, but it's not enough to make me come back.

It's too bad Midori has gone downhill, but for my money I know I can get better rolls elsewhere.  I hate to say this, but sayonara, Midori.

No comments:

Post a Comment