Tuesday, March 15, 2011

La Feria - 413 N Bell Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613

Moseyed over here for lunch.  I've eaten here before and liked it, but they've apparently gone downhill in the last two years.

Upon entrance, I saw the sign that told me to seat myself, which I did.  Nearly ten minutes I waited to be greeted, to no avail.  Granted, I came at, like, 2pm, but still.  I suddenly felt as unwelcome there as Jim Belushi on prime-time TV.  Or movies.

As soon as I stood up to go looking around for service, that's when a waiter came over with chips and salsa.  I ordered my iced tea and cheese enchiladas lunch special (2 cheese enchiladas, rice and beans, tortillas, AND iced tea for $5.99).

The salsa was too watery, but it was decently spicy.  I mean, I came in there with sinus blockage, and I walked out feeling just fine and wiping my nose, so I have to give La Feria props for that. It still could have been spicier, though.  And chunkier.  Nonetheless, for my sinuses' sake, I ate the hell out of that salsa.

And here come my enchiladas.  The food was hot temperature-wise, but not spice-wise.  That's fine with me.  I frankly only care about my salsa being extremely spicy.  The beans and rice were pretty good, and the enchiladas were adequate.  I'd say a good three stars.  But where are my tortillas?  Wasn't I supposed to get tortillas with this meal?  The menu said I would get tortillas.  My waiter never came over to ask how the food was, so I couldn't ask about tortillas.  In fact, I didn't see him at all the whole time I was eating.

So I finished my meal and wanted my tortillas and check, but I didn't know what to do since my waiter was MIA.   I spied a register several feet away, so I decided to walk over there and wait for someone to notice me so I could pay my check.  Like before, as soon as I stood up, my waiter came over.  Apparently standing up is a secret code in this place.

I asked about tortillas, and he went and got me two white corn tortillas.  Two.  I'm sorry, but I can go to Camino Real and get more tortillas with my meal for the exact same price.  And the waiter didn't bring any butter with the tortillas, so he had to run another errand for me.

La Feria, your food is a good three stars, but your service sucks harder than a Hoover Deluxe.

No comments:

Post a Comment