Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Italo's Pizza - 1600 East 6th St, Austin, TX 78702

String Cheese Theory!

10" pizza with burger topping

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips! (I had five)
String Theory suggests that the electrons and quarks within an atom are not 0-dimensional objects, but rather 1-dimensional oscillating lines ("strings").  String Cheese Theory suggests that if you find the right pizza, 3-dimensional cheese will end up stuck to your teeth, chin, shirt, and anything else within a 6-mile radius.

Italo's has such a pizza to fit String Cheese Theory.  See the first picture for proof.

Quani and I tried out Italo's a couple of weeks ago with a Nab-the-Deal coupon I had.  She got a cheese calzone that she liked, and I got a 10-inch pizza with ground beef topping.

String Cheese Theory also suggests that if you find this rare pizza, you will fall absolutely in love with it.

And I did.  Finding this pizza was like finding the Holy Grail, and the Grail Knight appeared and told me, "You have chosen wisely."  I was in utter Heaven every time I took a bite.  The cheese's flavor was divine, the ground beef was phenomenal, and the sauce was light.  I was barely able to finish all of it.  As I sit here hammering on the keys, I lustfully crave this pizza, and I plan to go back soon, now that the SXSW madness has ended.

And the orange whips are tasty tipsy treats.  You can get a regular (orange juice and vodka, so basically a frozen screwdriver) for $3.25, or the orange whip a la Italo (with cream and tuaca added) for a tad bit more.

Service is good.  Helpful employees who were fairly nice, especially the owner, Ben.  You'll be thrown off by the fact that there are two different registers at Italo's.  One is only for ordering drinks, and the other is only for ordering food.  You also may be thrown off by the fact that there's a $10 minimum purchase on credit tabs, but fear not.  The Italo's owner assured me that they have no problem combining the two tabs.  They're working on getting a POS system to enable one tab for both lines, so give em some time. 

The next time you want pizza, don't let your lazy ass order inferior Papa John's; drive your lazy ass to Italo's and test out the String Cheese Theory.  Find the Holy Grail.  Please your taste buds.

5 comments:

  1. This place is fantastic. I am so craving some after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way I planned it! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did go here tonight and Ying and I split a 10" pizza. I ate half and one of her pieces and was starving by 8 PM. Should have gotten the large!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I assume you and Ying liked the pizza, then?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! It was my 3rd time back and her 2nd. She doesn't like pizza much but enjoys this one along with the kind I make. I will probably go back this week.

    ReplyDelete