Thursday, March 17, 2011

Creatures Boutique - 1206 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78704

No food here, but I'm going to include it anyway:

On my way to Continental Club, I stopped in here on a whim.

Oooooh, there's the cutest tee with a record player on it!  How much?  $48.  *#%&$^@$

Wow, those earrings are adorable!  How much?  $38.  That's not as bad as the tee, but $38 for metal and glass??

And then I saw it.  The most fantabulous dress I've ever seen, and it was on the SALE rack.  Perfect!  How much?  No price.  Okay, no problem; I'll try it on and then will ask about price.  So off I go to the dressing room.

The super nice sales clerk came over and convinced me to model the dress for her.  It looked great on me.  Who cares if I'm out of work right now; I can afford one new dress, right?  I haven't bought any new clothes in a really long time.

[Me]:  I didn't see a price on this gem.  How much is it?  [thinking: It couldn't be more than, like, $80.]
[Shop Girl]:  $565.
[Me]:  ???  !!!  &#$@)(&$%^@#$

Okay, Catherine... carefully disrobe so you don't tear it, don your street clothes, and tip-toe away.

No comments:

Post a Comment