Thursday, March 10, 2011

La Casa Del Fuego - 402 Lavaca, Austin, TX 78701

I was on my way to Yummy Yo for some yo' when I saw that this taco trailer was amazingly open for once.  I assumed it didn't open until night time.  So I took advantage and got a $3 beef taco.  The guys in the trailer were really nice.  The other customers were really nice.  Everybody was really nice.  I expected to look up in the sky and see a unicorn hurdling a rainbow, but it didn't happen.

I enjoyed the sign on the trailer:

"IF YOU ARE GROUCHY, IRRITABLE OR JUST PLAIN MEAN, THERE WILL BE A $10 CHARGE FOR PUTTING UP WITH YOU."

Had to snap a picture of that.

So I walked away a shiny happy person with my $3 beef taco.  Walked up to a bench at 6th and Colorado to eat.  It smelled good.  It looked good.  It tasted fatty.  It was chewy.  Yeah, that meat was gross.  It didn't taste bad; it was just chewy and fatty, which I just couldn't get into.  I tried to concentrate on the cheese and lettuce part of the taco, but the grease kept dripping all over the place.  I finally got too frustrated with the whole thing and threw it away.

One pleasant surprise, though:  They put three free pieces of gum in the bag.  So I chewed them all the way to Yummy Yo where I got another disappointing item.

I walked by the taco trailer on my way back to the office, and it was closed.  Deserted.  I guess they rode away on the unicorn to prepare for tonight's drunken hungry masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment