Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gourdough's Donuts - 1219 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704

Gourdough's:  Part II of Catherine T.'s and Lisa M.'s S. Lamar trailer dining experience

Let's remember that I was slightly tipsy last time I went here, and my memory is therefore a bit hazy.  Let's also remember that the first time I ordered a Mama's Cake donut at Gourdough's, I was robbed of cake batter and was none too enthused about it.

After having gorged ourselves at Odd Duck, Lisa and I decided to say "Fuck you!" to the scale and order up some fried goodness.  I don't think Lisa had eaten at Gourdough's before, so I was excited to see her reaction to the food.  She ordered two donuts, one to take home to her hubby, and I got the Mama's Cake again.

The donuts took forEVAH to come out.  Lisa and I worried after a while that they'd lost our orders, so we went up and checked.  Nope, they hadn't lost our orders; they were just extremely busy.  No problem.

My Mama's Cake came out first, and I immediately dove in.  The cake batter was plentiful this time.  This might possibly be because I practically begged the counter dude to give me a lot since I had only gotten a half tablespoon of the stuff in my previous donut.  There was so much cake batter in the most recent donut, that I became a victim of assault and cake-battery.  I can't recall if I slobbered on the table while plugging my mouth full of chocolate cake-batter goodness, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa got incriminating photos of me doing so.  Lisa got a Funky Monkey and something else.  She let me try a bit of the Funky Monkey, and it was great.  Y'know, I seem to remember her eating the other donut -- the one she was going to take home to hubby.  If I'm right, then I guess that proves how good Gourdough's is:  A marriage made in Heaven is no match for a Satan-kissed donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment